...Writings from all kinds of fandoms...

Ashes in the Wind by Alvina

Rated: NC17

[Reviews: 2]

Harry Potter defeated Voldemort after his fifth year. Being expelled from Hogswarts he flees to America where he meets the Cullens. Will he be able to start a new life or will his past catch up with him?

Categories : Fanfictions Twilight, Fanfictions Harry Potter

Character : Edward Cullen, Harry Potter

Pairings : Edward/Harry, Harry/Edward

Genre : Drama, Romance, Slash

Warnings : Explicit sexual content, Male/Male relationship(s)

Chapters : 21

Completed : Yes

Word count : 61.502

Read count: 70


Published: September 1, 2019

Updated: September 1, 2019

Ashes in the Wind Chapter 01

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters nor the actors portraying them.
Author’s note: My Edward is based on the film version because I’ve never read the books.
Begun at: June 2009
Ended at: 6 August 2009


Text size
2 Reviews

Harry stared up at the building in front of him. He could do this. It was just like Hogwarts. Only this time it would be school without the magic, without his friends and without everyone knowing him or about him. All he needed to do was gather his Gryffindor courage, which he knew was still somewhere inside him, and step inside the building. Why then, were his feet not moving?

It had only been a few months since he had been expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry after defeating the most powerful Dark Wizard of their time. Even though Death Eaters were probably still after him for killing their precious Lord he had left his relatives house, leaving the protection it still gave him and moved to America. He was tired of the wizarding world, especially after it had betrayed him over and over again.

After packing his few belongings and emptying one of the Potter faults he left to start a new life in Forks, Washington. Deciding to live his life mostly as a muggle, he figured he shouldn’t give up his magic completely. In fact, he couldn’t give his magic up, even if he wanted to. It was still a big part of him and always would be. He had found a small wizarding community near Washington with a Witchcraft and Wizardry school and decided to sign up. Luckily it was a self-study school and most of the stuff he could learn from books. He would need to go to the magic school every Wednesday and if he needed more help he could go there whenever he wished to.

Trying to live his life as normal as he could, he had signed himself in for the local muggle high school. So, here he was, staring up at the big building in front of him, lacking his usual Gryffindor courage.

Taking a deep breath as he closed his eyes, he took a step forward. There, that wasn’t that scary, now was it? He gathered the rest of his courage and walked inside, finding his way to the front office where he would need to get his schedule.

As he passed the many students that had already arrived, he suddenly had a flashback back to his first time at Hogwarts. The first time he had entered the great hall with every student staring at him and his fellow first years. It was a feeling he hadn’t enjoyed back then. It was a feeling he still didn’t enjoy today.

Back then he hadn’t been completely alone though. He had met a friend on the train to Hogwarts, Ron, his very first friend…well besides Hagrid. For a second he wished his friends were now here beside him but the reminder of what they had done and said on that fateful day quickly replaced that.

Harry shook himself to clear his thoughts. He needed to find his first class. The woman at the front office had been very kind to him when she had handed him the information he needed to know. As he studied the schedule he was very grateful to Sirius for sending him all those muggle schoolbooks, which he had been studying during his fourth and fifth year. Not to mention grateful to Dudley’s not so obsession with books that gave him the opportunity to read them.

As he entered the classroom, he took a moment to study his surroundings. Well, he thought as he let his eyes slide over the many rows of tables; some with students behind them some still empty. So far it looks like Hogwarts.

When he handed the teacher his slip, he was told to find a seat. Luckily it was the beginning of the school year so many seats were still available and he found one in the middle. Not wanting to be at the front and his eyesight didn’t allow him to be in the back. He rolled his eyes as he heard the inquiring questions between his fellow classmates; he really didn’t like gossip.

Relief shot through him when the teacher started the class. All the gossiping had made him rather angry and he was afraid he’d lose his temper. He had felt his magic rising and it wouldn’t do to lose the control of his magic in a muggle school.

Luckily for Harry, the morning passed relatively fast. When he walked into the cafeteria he was quickly pulled towards a table. "Harry, right? I’m Sophia," a blonde girl asked him as she pulled him down into the seat beside her.

Not waiting for an answer the girl continued. "I’m in your Trig class," she smiled. "They are Jake and David. They are in your History class." She indicated the boys in front of her.

Harry nodded politely to them. He remembered seeing all three of them in at least one of his classes.

"You’re British, right?" The girl, Sophia, continued as she gently touched his shoulder.

Harry had always trusted his instincts and his instincts were telling him that he didn’t like this girl. He didn’t like the way she kept touching him. Not to mention she gave him the feeling everyone beside herself was beneath her. He gave a slight nod to her question when he realised she was waiting for an answer.

She went on talking about who everyone was; beginning with the people at this table.

Harry looked around the room and let his eyes fall on a small group that was away from the rest of the students, as if they were keeping their distance from everyone. There were plates in front of them but they weren’t touching it. Actually, it looked like they weren’t eating at all.

They’re not human, the thought shot through his head before he knew it. Gently shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he wasn’t going to be that bloke anymore. He wasn’t the Boy-Who-Lived anymore. For some reason he was drawn to the small group though and he took a moment to study them.

First there was the tall honey blonde boy, who looked like he was having a hard time being there. From what Harry could tell he was muscular but lean and it looked as if he was fighting his control.

Harry could relate to him. His control was already hanging by a tread as Sophia kept touching him. He tore his eyes away from the boy on the left and fixed his eyes on the girl next to him.

The only girl at the table was petite with short, spiky, black hair. He could only describe her as pixie-like. Their eyes locked and she gave him a short, encouraging smile, before turning away from him. He cracked a smile in return. She reminded him of Luna Lovegood, one of the only people who still believed in him.

Next was the boy on the right, sitting slightly away from the other two with this back to Harry. The boy had an unusual shade of bronze coloured hair that was messy, it reminded him of his own unruly hair.

The boy turned his head a little as he was talking to the blonde haired boy, giving Harry a profile view of him.

"Cedric," he gasped, as he took in the profile, but it couldn’t be! Cedric was dead. Cedric had died in front of him. The last time he had seen him was when he was dragged away from his lifeless body. The memory was still fresh in his mind and it still hurt to even think about it.

Just as the memory was about to take over the boy turned to him. He could see that, although the boy’s profile reminded him of Cedric, they were nothing alike. The boy had high cheekbones, a strong jaw-line and full lips. If there was one word Harry needed to describe him with it was ‘gorgeous’.

They did share the high cheekbones and the strong jaw-line but the difference was that Cedric had a more boyish look over him, while this boy was more sullen.

The boy and he locked eyes and suddenly he could feel his magic cackling around him. His heart sped up and his palms became sweaty. He had to close his eyes to regain control of his magic and looked down at his plate. He couldn’t risk being found out not to mention he couldn’t risk hurting any of the muggles here.

"They are the Cullens," Sophia told him after she caught him staring at them. "Jasper Hale, Alice Cullen and Edward Cullen."

Cullen? Are they Esme’s children? He thought as the name was said.

Harry opened his eyes and turned to her. "They are all together though," Sophia continued when she noticed he gave her his attention. "Jasper and Alice, they have another sister and brother, Emmett and Rosalie, who are also together." Harry could hear the slight disgust in her voice. "It’s just filthy! They are siblings for crying out loud."

Harry shot another look at the Cullens before turning back to Sophia. "They don’t look related."

Sophie shot a glare at the Cullens. What made the Cullens so intriguing to the new kid? What did they have that she didn’t have? "No, they are all adopted," she continued as she turned back to Harry, she was going to get his attention one way or another. "Mrs. Cullen and Doctor Cullen adopted them. They are rather young themselves, like in their late twenties or something."

"That’s very considerate of them, to take in children when they are so young themselves," Harry observed as he again shot a look at the Cullen siblings.

"I guess," Sophia agreed and Harry could see she was trying to find something that would make him think less of them. "Mrs. Cullen can’t have any children though…"

What else she was going to say was cut off by Harry as he shot up. "That is not my business or yours for that matter to know." He was trying hard to control his magic. "I happen to have met Mrs. Cullen and she seemed like a very kind woman. It’s a shame that someone as sweet as her can’t have any children but I am certain she wouldn’t like it that you gossip about her as you do." Harry gathered his things before turning back to Sophia. "Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to sit away from you to finish my lunch in silence."

He left, leaving the rest of the students gaping after him. Throwing his plate down on a table outside, grateful that it was a bright day, he sat down. One thing he hated was when people talked shit about other people, especially his friends.

Finishing his lunch quickly, he left and hurried to his next class. If he wasn’t being gaped at before he definitely was now. He went from the nice British new guy to the arrogant snotty new guy. It didn’t matter to him what they thought. As long as they weren’t in his face he could deal with anything.

~*~*~*~*~

At the other side of the cafeteria, sitting far away from everyone else were the Cullens. Although it looked like they weren’t interested in anything around them. Truth was they noticed everything. From the lover’s spat in the kitchen to the new kid entering the cafeteria and being dragged away toward the junior’s popular table.

The youngest one of them all could hear the nervous thoughts of the new kid loud and clear over the noisy cafeteria. He cringed as he heard the stupid question from the girl.

"He’s being asked if he’s British," he informed his siblings when he read the question in their minds.

He went stiff as he read the thought. "He knows we’re not human."

"Does he know what we are?" his sister asked him.

"He isn’t letting himself think about that. His thoughts are a little weird," he admitted.

"He doesn’t like it when she keeps touching him."

Alice felt someone staring at her and looked over at the new kid. She gave him an encouraging smile hoping it would ease his nerves a little. Jasper had told her earlier how nervous the new kid was. It had been overwhelming for him.

What’s he thinking about. His emotions tell me that he’s curious but cautious, Jasper thought.

Edward turned to face his brother. "He’s taking our appearance in."

Edward turned to the new kid when he read the name in the new kid’s thoughts. His eyes locked with emerald green ones. Those eyes, that reminded himself so much of his own a long time ago, called to him. The eye connection was broken, when the new kid closed his eyes and lowered his head. His thoughts were strange. Magic? Who was this new kid?

"Looks like Sophia noticed him staring at us," Alice announced when they heard her introducing them.

"He knows Esme," Edward announced as he read the name in the new kid’s thoughts.

Three vampires growled when the gossip turned to their mother but shock took over when the new kid shot her down.

They were amazed as they watched the new kid walk away, fuming.

I like him, his sister’s thoughts filled his head. Edward turned to the new kid again and had to agree. There was something he liked about the new kid and he wanted to find out more about him.

Yet, something kept him away, made him keep his distance. The sigh didn’t go unnoticed by his two siblings but luckily for him they didn’t comment on it.

TBC

Part of serie: Ashes in the Wind

Comments

  • Fredericka 3 years ago

    Hookup Females Uses Free Issues? An Incredible Side to side Reward!

    Cost-free hookup ladies my sources on the web is the solution if
    you're tired of going to bars and night clubs only to be ignored, or perhaps
    even worse, laughed at. I realize what it's like because I've been there.
    I found myself single and needy in the day -- I essential a whole new
    spouse -- nevertheless i kept on striving because I had not any other selection. If you're one particular guy who wants to hookup with
    attractive women without going to those areas the location where the
    girls are by itself, than the post may just improve your
    existence. It will explain why online dating online is
    the greatest alternative if you're a men who seems to be shy to technique an attractive lady in a bar or
    club.

  • susan 5 years ago

    test

Review